The Liebster Award Book Tag
*perpetual flailing* Thank you so much, Amber, for nominating me for this Award. It honestly feels like winning the Golden Globes. I really, really appreciate the love and it makes me all warm and fluffy thinking about people actually reading my content.
The Liebster Award: What is it?
Liebster is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. The Liebster Award is for your favourite or beloved bloggers who deserve some love in their lives.
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
5. Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. Who would you cast to play your favourite character in a film, play or TV adaption?
Yikes. I find it really hard to pinpoint favourite characters. I’ll honestly have to choose Aelin from Throne of Glass because her character is so much like me haha. To choose who would play her, I immediately thought of Teresa Palmer. She’s an amazing Australian actress that can play the ultimate badass assassin. She was epic in I Am Number 4 as Number 6 and I hope they cast someone at least as similar to her as possible in the future adaptation endeavours of Throne of Glass.
2. What book do you think is overhyped? If none, what book do you think is underhyped?
An overhyped book, hmm, probably Divergent by Veronica Roth. I read that book a long time ago and it wasn’t anything special to me (sorry if I’m trash talking your favourite book, my bad). The movie was an alright adaptation but again, didn’t do much for me either.
3. What book are you anticipating most in 2019?
Ooh. I have a few but I’ll only mention one (I can make a full post out of this question hehe) and that will be The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon.
4. How do you organise your bookshelves? I need ideas so this is me being sneaky.
I have a weird organising system, for reference each bookcase has 7 shelves but I only use 6 on each for books. The books on the 1st and 2nd shelves of my two big billy bookcases are all generally 1. Series, 2. Tall paperbacks & hardback, 3. Fantasy and 4. Favourites combined.
Then as you go down, my first bookcase by each remaining shelf is 3. hardbacks (fantasy plus some rare contemporary hardbacks, 4. fantasy paperbacks, tallest to shortest, 5 & 6. Old school paranormal/middle grade/old French novels/dictionaries.
My second bookcase by each shelf going down is 3. contemporary paperbacks in rainbow colours (my only shelf in rainbow cause contemporary haha, 4. my current month’s TBR, my bookshelf cup, miscellaneous bookish items and decorations + my tea collection, 5. Mix of fantasy, 2 classic novels I own and some random favourites and 6. old school paranormal/fantasy & roald dahl books.
I have another skinny billy bookshelf that also purely has my harry potter books and merch and my candle collection.
I hope that made sense…it’s a bit complicated without a picture. DM me on Insta for a photo okay.
I hope to one day have my shelves filled with a majority of the books I love and slowly get rid of the old school books and others I won’t ever read again (or at least have them in a separate skinny shelf I can hide away somewhere.
5. What destination in any book would you love to visit?
Hogwarts. Always at Hogwarts.
6. What’s a story you wish you could scrub from your brain? It could be one you loved or hated.
Um, Furyborn by Claire Legrand. Not because I loved or hated it but because of my mental state at the time, it was kind of a ‘meh’ read and I want a clean slate to give it my full attention and a fair chance.
7. What is the prettiest book that you own?
Strange the Dreamer.
8. What makes you want to pick up a book?
The plot, the cover, originality of the idea and a simple desire not to live in the real world for a while.
9. Is there a popular character who everyone loves but you can’t stand? Whether that be in a book or film.
Nesta. I hate her with a passion. I hate her so much, I cannot stand her and WILL NOT read anything more about her. After ACOFAS I said that’s it.
10. What is your favourite reading format?
Hardback real book. Not because I’m a snob but because I don’t like breaking spines and reading stiff paperbacks can stress me out that way. Hardbacks are comfier for me.
11. What is your favourite diverse book?
Warcross & Six of Crows because I can’t choose.
1. If you could choose any book to get the cover redesigned, what would it be?
2. What book would you choose if you could live in any of them?
3. How do you organise your bookshelves (yes I’m also curious)?
4. Would you rather: your protagonist is The Chosen One or is in a love pentagon?
5. Do you annotate your books, if so, explain why?
6. What is your favourite and least favourite book to movie adaptation?
7. If you could have a special magic animal best friend that can talk, what kind of animal would it be?
8. If you were forced to choose, which traditional human sense would you rather lose? (sight, hearing, touch, smell, or taste)
9. How often do you buy books?
10. Only ever read ARCs or only ever read signed finished copies 6 months after release?
11. If you could give advice to yourself when you were just starting out in the book community/blogging, what would you say?
Pikachu I Tag YOU
Danielle @ The Chronicles of Danielle
Jami @ Jami’s Shelves
Jakob @ Book Lover Down Under
Bree @ Jasper & Spice
Sarah @ Written Word Worlds
Solomon @ The Bookish King
Mel @ A Cosy Reader
Jenna @ Bookmark Your Thoughts
Elise @ The Bookish Actress
Aimee @ Aimee, Always
Joel @ Fictional Fates
And the Liebster Award is done! I’d like to thank Amber again. She’s such a beautiful person inside and out that I’ve admired and looked up to for a long time in this community. I’m blessed to know you Ambs, Fighting!
I look forward to reading the answers to my questions. If you’d like to do these questions too, feel free to tag yourself and have fun with this book tag.
Thank you for reading <3
© Truffle’s Literary Wonders 2018. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without my permission. This post was not sponsored & all photos are my own unless referenced otherwise.